How to properly build postgresql version 7.2 on Unix Platforms? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andre' Blanchard
Subject How to properly build postgresql version 7.2 on Unix Platforms?
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings:

I have had nothing but problems building postgresql on Solaris, HPUX and AIX
with the platform specific ansi c compiler (aka not gcc).

I have read the FAQs in the docs and I get the impression I should not have
any problems, yet your bug archives suggest otherwise.

My question:

What are the recommeded configurations (tcl, ant, java, compilers) on the
following Platforms for building Postgresql ?

AIX 4.3.3
HPUX 11.00
Solaris 2.8, 2.7, 2.6

Thank you.