Re: Corrupt Table - Gettting Desparate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Re: Corrupt Table - Gettting Desparate
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok I nulled out the bad pages.  A pg_dump still fails.  I just noticed there
are 21000 files in my database directory.  Most of the form INDEXNAME.NUMBER
where INDEXNAME is the name of one of my indexes and NUMBER is a sequential
number.  There are 4 or 5 different indexes involved.  All of these files
are 0 bytes in size.  All dated in the last day or two.

When I did the pg_dump I got this in the log file:
000914.18:00:07.600 [10406] FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
Smart Shutdown request at Thu Sep 14 18:07:15 2000

The dump died after putting 100MB in the output file.

My guess is the internal structure of one of the tuples is corrupt.  I have
know idea what all the other files are for or if they one problem is the
cause of the other.

At this moment I am doing a tar of the database directory before I screw
anything else up.

Please help me.