Re: serial column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: serial column
Date
List pgsql-general
"A possible solution for this would be to regenerate the entire column's
values every time a record gets deleted starting form 1. but then again
this would be very slow if you have a very large table"

I don't anticipate the table to be more than a few hundred rows - certainly
fewer than 1,000.

Could you point to some documentation for regenerating a column's values
other than manual??

Bob