Postgres Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rajiv Kasera
Subject Postgres Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.1
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am planning a Postgres migration from 8.4 to 9.1 to be able to leverage the replication features available in the 9.1 version. I would like to understand the following things in this regard:

1.       Any good documentation which should help in this upgrade.

2.       To be able to replicate the complete steps in a test environment before doing it in LIVE which is running 9.0, is it possible to revert this database to 8.4 and then upgrade to 9.1.

3.       Any known issues and changes required to be done in the application for this upgrade.

Thanks,
rajiv