Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rob Butler
Subject Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date
Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Glad to see all the comments about the web page stuff, and see that people
recognize the need for a cohesive look and feel for Postgres.org.  Do people
have any comments about the rest of the stuff in my post?

Like, are the JDBC developers aware that you will be changing the FE/BE
protocol?  Do they know you will (possibly) be adding 2PC?

Any communication going on between core and postgres-r developers to make
sure that replication and 2PC will work together simultaneously as I
described in my earlier e-mail?

Any comments about the section on competition?  Do people agree / disagree
that postgres should not be competing with MySQL (because it's no real
competition) or does everyone think MySQL is a real threat?  Do people agree
/ disagree that the real competition is commercial DB's and Firebird / SAP
db?

Later
Rob