Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, August 02, 2013 4:34 AM Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> > They would need a setting that disables ALTER (DATABASE|USER) ... SET
> > ... as well though. At least for some settings.
> >
> > I don't think enforcing things on that level makes much sense.
>
> If only we could trigger some actions when a command is about to be
> executed, in a way that it's easy for the user to implement whatever
> policy he fancies…
>
> Oh, maybe I should finish preparing those patches for Event Triggers to
> be fully usable in 9.4 then ;)

I think this can be one useful way to disable.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.