PostgreSQL DBA Position w/ Mozy - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Tracy Dragas
Subject PostgreSQL DBA Position w/ Mozy
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Please post/blast this position out to the PostgreSQL user community.

PostgreSQL DBA

We're basically looking for our own in-house Tom Lane (Tom, just name your price ;).

Our grocery list:
--Several years of hands-on experience administering and tuning Postgres databases.
--Deep understanding of Postgres internals and how to maximize performance.
--Extensive experience with database replication (PITR and Slony) and partitioning.
--Ability to intuitively know what query path the planner will follow without needing to run explain.
--All kinds of awesome.

Some of the things we will be looking for…
--BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equal related work experience
--Experience with MS SQL and PostgreSQL required.
--Minimum of 5 years of work experience in database administration. PostgreSQL Database Administration required. MSCE in MS SQL Database Administration a plus.
--Advanced scripting experience using Python, Perl or Ruby preferred.
--Experience with intranet and Internet technologies a must.
--Experience with data modeling methodology and tools a plus.
--Experience with Linux and Unix operating systems required.

Berkeley Data Systems is the global leader in online data backup for home and business. As creators of the award-winning Mozy and MozyPro backup solutions, Berkeley Data provides affordable data protection services to more than 230,000 customers worldwide.

In early 2005, Josh Coates founded the company with the mission to backup every computer worldwide. In order to build an infrastructure to support millions of people, a reliable, multi-petabyte storage architecture was needed. Coates went to work on the bleeding edge of development in petabyte technology and built a system that has reinvented large scale storage.

In November 2005, the company quietly opened Mozy.com for service. Immediately, bloggers discussed the new free online backup service and by the spring of 2006, PC Magazine awarded Mozy the Editors Choice Award for best remote backup.

In December 2006, Mozy came out of beta and introduced its unlimited capacity online backup offering. The service met high demand as it received positive reviews from Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal, David Pogue of The New York Times, Brian Bergstein of the Associate Press, Jim Martin of PC World, and Consumer Bob of NBC.

Within 90 days following the launch of the MozyPro backup solution for business in early 2007, the company announced a global contract to backup 350,000 desktops, laptops and small servers for GE, the second largest company in the world. Today, more than 5,000 businesses backup with MozyPro.

We have a casual-dress office, great benefits, and a comfortable work environment. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team.

Berkeley Data Systems
American Fork, Utah
www.mozy.com
Email us at HR@Mozy.com