Re: Dangling backends on win32 7.2.1 port (peerdirect). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From
Subject Re: Dangling backends on win32 7.2.1 port (peerdirect).
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Merlin Moncure wrote:
>There is at least one show-stopping bug which I believe is related to
>the shared memory emulation.  I am almost 100% sure that the bug is in
>the win32 side and if still present will carry over to the latest
>release.
>I offered to help find and catch it: but before I spend the time to do
>that I'd like to at least know if the problem has already been
>addressed.  I was responding to the call for capable developers to help
>test upcoming patch, posted on this very list about two weeks ago.

We already use Psql on Linux via ODBC as a "big compatible MS Access RDBMS", with appropriate functions and operators (great!!).
I think that a Win version of Postgres could easily replace this MS product for professional usages, and I can test it to do that.
Many Win developers could receive benefits, could approach the OS world and Postgres could become more used than MySQL... (thank God!)
I renew my aid as beta tester for a Win32 version, when it will be placed on the CVS repository, as already posted.

Let me know...