Re: how is max_fsm_pages configured in 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mark
Subject Re: how is max_fsm_pages configured in 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general

From: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4.html

E.9.3.5.3. VACUUM

Track free space in separate per-relation "fork" files (Heikki)

Free space discovered by VACUUM is now recorded in *_fsm files, rather than in a fixed-sized shared memory area. The
max_fsm_pagesand max_fsm_relations settings have been removed, greatly simplifying administration of free space
management.

>And can it be configured,

no

>or is it something we should not worry about?

You shouldn't need to worry about it anymore.