Re: db & table names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: db & table names
Date
List pgsql-general
> I dumped a 7.0 db on a RedHat box, createdb'd the db on a new debian box
> sporting 7.1, ftp'd the dumped file and restored. Everything seemed to
> go fine, except the names of the db and the tables are numeric
> expressions instead of the actual table names. For instance, a db named
> mydb containing tables table1 and table2 now appears on the new box as
> db named 6432466 with tables 6432512 and 6432513. What?? Did I not
> install postgresql correctly, miss an environment variable or is this
> how the table names are held in the file system on debian boxes? It is
> important that I know the file system name for tables as I overwrite
> certain tables that are imported from a foxpro table and converted using
> dbf2pg. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

That's one of the changes from 7.0 to 7.1, I think the numbers are OIDs but
don't quote me on that...

On a side note, yo uactually got dbf2pg to work?! I tinkered with it for two
hours before giving up. Maybe I had an old version or something -- can you
point me to source of the version you have working? It's too late for me to
use now but it sure would be nice for any other dBase imports I might have
to do.

Thanks!

-Mitch