Re: Fw: PATCH (Re: Startup message issues) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chris Smith
Subject Re: Fw: PATCH (Re: Startup message issues)
Date
Re: Fw: PATCH (Re: Startup message issues)  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:
> Patch applied.  In the future please submit patches based on cvs
> instead of the 7.4 code.  Driver development is now being done here:
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgjdbc/projdisplay.php

Thanks.  I had actually submitted that patch for review, though.  I'm not
entirely confident that it's correct at this point.  All the unit tests pass,
but I'm still thinking about when I said the encoding field to UNICODE, and
learning a lot more about the source as time goes on.

I have just grabbed a version of the driver from CVS.  I have a bit of a
conflict here because I'm being paid to get stuff working under 7.4.1 for our
production application; but if there's not a huge amount of effort involved,
I'll try to submit patches for CVS instead.

(By the way, where should I send JDBC driver patches in the future that I
intend to be committed.  I've realized just now that I'm the only person
sending them here.)

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation