Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, I take that back.  I updated to the current CVS tip on this
>> machine and now I don't see the problem.  Without EXPLAIN ANALYZE,
>> the times are around 115-117 ms.  With EXPLAIN ANALYZE, 149-152ms.
>
> At the moment, CVS HEAD still has the sampling patch in it.  You need
> to be looking at 8.1, or HEAD from several weeks ago, to see the full
> impact of gettimeofday-every-time.  (I imagine Simon's strace count
> is wrong for the same reason.)

Does my post from yesterday (39ms without explain analyze, 280+ with explain
analyze)
on FreeBSD/amd64, Dual Xeon's in HTT mode help?

What can I do to further the investigation?

It has 8.1.4 on it.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893