Re: server closed connection on a select query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: server closed connection on a select query
Date
Re: server closed connection on a select query  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume.lelarge@gmail.com>)
Re: server closed connection on a select query  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The SCO compiler is so buggy (and for so many years) I see no reason
> to even look at a bug report from someone using it.

I **REALLY** wish you would STOP saying that, Bruce.  The current OpenServer
Compiler (UDK), is the same as on UnixWare, and is **MUCH** better than the
Old SVR3 compiler.

We **REALLY** **SHOULD** look at it.

I'll take the bug report directly to SCO if I get enough detail.

LER

> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
>> On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 11:53:04PM +0100, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've installed a 8.1.0 PostgreSQL server on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6.
>>> It seemed to work well with psql and such tools. I tried to connect
>>> to this server with pgAdmin3 and a query failed. I tried to find
>>> which part of the query was wrong and I have a strange result :
>>>
>>> SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl IS TRUE; this one crashes
>>> the server.
>>>
>>> SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl = true; works.
>>
>> Does this pass regression testing (ie make check)? It looks like it's
>> dying all over the please. Posting a backtrace (bt in gdb) would be
>> more helpful.
>>
>> Have a nice day?
>> --
>> Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>
>> http://svana.org/kleptog/
>>> Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent
>>> is a tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting
>>> for someone else to do the other 95% so you can sue them.
> -- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611 US