PgAdmin 5.1 - toggle button issue persists - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From
Subject PgAdmin 5.1 - toggle button issue persists
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hello all,

I just downloaded PgAdmin 5.1; according to the release notes, toggle buttons should now be accessible to “most screen readers”.

As far as I can tell, they still behave the same, though:

  • Start PgAdmin
  • Navigate to a server,
  • Select a database,
  • Go to the logins/roles,
  • Select a role
  • Select properties

Now there should be various toggle buttons present, for instance “Can login?”.

A screen reader announces something like “Can login? Yes, Toggle Button”

But, if you attempt to toggle the state using the space bar, ENTER key or similar, nothing happens.

I tested this using JAWS and NVDA, which make up the two major factions among Windows screen readers.

Since you say the toggle buttons are now accessible to most screen readers, I presume it worked in your testing; I could see the progress you were making on the issue I created after all (very quick work, by the way 😊). However, it’s not behaving as I’d expect it to.

Could you please explain to me how I can toggle the toggle button state? Is there a hot key? Am I overlooking something?

If you need more time to fix the issue, it’s fine. I realise fixing screen reader-related issues isn’t trivial if you yourself aren’t blind, since it’s a technology most people don’t use and thus aren’t familiar with. I’d be willing to join in for testing, too, if that helps.

But currently, I wouldn’t say that toggle buttons are accessible to most screen readers. I can see the toggle button, but that’s no use if I don’t know how to change its state…

I would really appreciate if you could help me figure this out 😊

Kind regards,

Tim