Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dandl
Subject Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date
List pgsql-general
> From: Pierre Chevalier Géologue [mailto:pierrechevaliergeol@free.fr]
> > Then I think you've seriously misunderstood. Most people can indeed
> >learn to write basic SQL queries, but those are
> >(obviously) not what I'm talking about.
> >
> > To write the business logic of a significant application entirely in
> >SQL requires PLSQL (or in other dialects, whatever passes for SQL/PSM).
> >It means writing an entire data access layer as a set of stored
> >procedures, with a substantial set of special functions, types,
> >triggers and so on. No beginner and few experts have the skills
> >required to do that in SQL, and then debug that code on the server.
>
> All right, I understand better now.  I think I also totally missed your
> point, sorry...
> I'll give a look at andl.

I hope you do. Please feel free to contact me with any comments, suggestions, etc.

I have not completed the Postgres implementation -- probably another couple of weeks -- but in-memory and Sqlite are
there.

Bonne chance!

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org