RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Key Management Service (KMS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Moon, Insung
Subject RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Key Management Service (KMS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Aleksander Alekseev.

Here
> they are:
>
> * http://cryptowiki.net/index.php?title=Order-preserving_encryption
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homomorphic_encryption
>
> Also I realized that I was wrong regarding encryption of the indexes since they will be encrypted on the block level
the
> same way the heap will be.

Sorry. I did not explain correctly in PGCon.
Yes. this idea is encrypting at the block level as you said, there is probably not a big problem with index
encryption.
I will testing with PoC later an Index Encryption.

Thank you and Best regards.
Moon.