Re: Alternate Database Location. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Alternate Database Location.
Date
List pgsql-general
From: "Namrata" <nlabade@nulinkinc.com>

> Hi,
>
> In the postgreSQL document, there is mentioned about the Alternate
Database Location.
> Could I know about it, when this Alternate Database Location will be used
by the backend? In case of the default database location crash, will the
> backedn will look for the Alternate Database Location?

This is for *you* to specify where you want a specific database stored. So -
each user could have a database stored in their home directory.

It has nothing to do with errors / error recovery.

HTH

- Richard Huxton