Please help - Keep getting authentication failure when trying to restore database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Søren Neigaard
Subject Please help - Keep getting authentication failure when trying to restore database
Date
List pgsql-general
I have made a pg_dump of my database, and now I want to restore it on
another database. So I follow the instructions on
"http://www2.dk.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/admin/backup.html"
(both databases are 7.1 on Debian), but I keep getting "psql: Password
authentication failed for user 'postgres'" all the time.

I have looked in my dump file, and seen that it tries to connect first as
postgres, and thereafter as my other user that owns the tables. How do I
allow it to connect as these users? Can I somehow disable the passwords, and
how is this done?

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard
System Architect