Re: VERY slow after many updates - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Wang
Subject Re: VERY slow after many updates
Date
Re: VERY slow after many updates  (Guido Neitzer <guido.neitzer@pharmaline.de>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's a "queue" table. But I did not perform many insert/delete before
it becomes slow. After insert 10 records, I just do get/update continuously.
After 24 hour, the whole database become very slow (not only the
download_queue table but other tables, too).  But you are right. Full vacuum
fixes the problem. Thank you very much!

I expect there will be less than 1000 records in the table. The index does
obvous improvement on "SELECT task_id, username FROM download_queue WHERE
username > '%s'" even there are only 100 records.

Thanks,
Alex