OK..time for STUPID to say somthing - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Herbie McDuck
Subject OK..time for STUPID to say somthing
Date
List pgsql-novice
OK, when do I put my foot into my mouth?

Because of some market demands, I *HAVE* to develop my latest version of my
application on a Visual Basic 6 frontend. When you have finished gagging I
will proceed...<<GRIN>>

Client:  Windoze XP 512Mb RAM
           VB 6 MDAC Version: 3.520.9030.0?
           100 BaseT Network

Server: Linux SuSE 8.2
           PostgreSQL Version 7.3.0

The VB6 project goes well. We can connect to the database. We can do the
locate records. We can display the records in the application.

BUT !! When we try to add a record. Ding ! Dong ! We get the vaunted
80004005 ERROR that indicates we do no have permission form what I can tell.

I made sure that on the table we have full GRANT permissions.

I've done all that I know to do to solve the problem including a personal
relationship with Google.

Any help? Directions? Or reading of 'Tea Leaves'?

--Hal
Davison Consulting