Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henrik Steffen
Subject Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Date
List pgsql-general
The cache-field is saying 873548K cached at the moment
Is this a "whole bunch of cache" in your opinion? Is it too much?

So, where do i find and change shmmax shmall settings ??
What should I put there?

What is a recommended value for shared buffers in postgresql.conf ?

FYI:

ps ax | grep -c postgres ==> shows 23 at the moment

however, w shows: load average 3.09, 2.01, 1.76
(this is low at the moment)

thanks again,

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563