Re: [GENERAL] "LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: [GENERAL] "LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock"
Date
List pgsql-general
> > >   I'm getting "LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock" trying
> > > insert a row into a database.
> >
> >   Well, I think I tracked down the problem - an index on a "text"
field.
> > Once I removed the index, everything works well.  The odd thing is that
not
> > *all* inserts would cause the error.  I suppose I ought to dig into the
> > docs when I get a few spare minutes...
>
> What is the version of PostgreSQL and what kind of platform are you
> using?

  Lemmee see...  pgsql 6.5.3 on redhat linux 6.1, kernel 2.2.12-20smp.  The
machine currently isn't running multicpu, that will happen soon.  At
bootup, linux finds only one chip, and does pseudo-epic. : )

steve