No console output from PostgresSQL binaries on fresh windows install - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject No console output from PostgresSQL binaries on fresh windows install
Date
List pgsql-novice

Good day everyone,

when trying to run the official PG 13 binaries on a fresh Windows 10 VM the application exists immediately with exit code -1073741515 and produces no console output of any kind.

After PostgreSQL as been installed on the machine using the installer, the binaries work fine, even after removing the installation again.

The described behavior occurs on any of the executables in the /bin folder (pg_cts, initdb, pg_dump, ...). I’ve tested this on multible Windows 10 Pro VM’s (Azure Vm, local VM) .

Are there any obvious dependencies I‘m missing?

Thank you for your time,

  Tim