Optimizer Bug issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ismail Kizir
Subject Optimizer Bug issue
Date
Re: Optimizer Bug issue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Optimizer Bug issue  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

You say that default values for optimizer are efficient.
But this is evident that it doesn't function as expected in my case.
I have a database of 20 tables, ~1gb total size. My biggest table contains ~270,000 newspaper article from Turkish journals. I am actually working on "fulltext search" program of my own.
There is a problem here.
If that values are not designed for an "ordinary" database application.
I am asking to myself for which case they are designed for.
I didn't write to "hackers" list only for myself, but for everyone of us too.
Please examine the values in my messages in past 2 days, you'll see what i mean.
I am sure default values are erronous.

Regards
Ismail Kizir