... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Jonny Deng" <jonnydeng@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:97mlek$2hoq$1@news.tht.net...
> Hi,
>
> I want to learn the Postgresql database system as part of my study. What I
> need to know whether there is documentation that explain the source codes.
>
> Anyone can help me. I am really eager to understand the underlying
> Postgresql database system.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Jonny

Start with the programmer's manual from the HTML docs (7.1 has a lot more in
it than previous versions) - check out the developers section on the
postgresql.org website and you can learn some useful stuff from /contrib and
/interfaces.

There's also a developers list that I'm sure can provide help once you've
got the basics down.

When you've fitted all this in your head and can summarise it in a
twenty-line email please feel free to CC: the rest of us :-)

- Richard Huxton