Re: PostgreSql under Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben-Nes Michael
Subject Re: PostgreSql under Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
I say go for GENTOO :)

You can compile all the system exactly for your mechine / cpu.
--------------------------
Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
Tel: 972-4-6991122
Fax: 972-4-6990098
http://www.canaan.net.il
--------------------------
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 8:03 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSql under Linux

Hello people.

I'm installing Postgresql under linux for better performance and i want to know how is the best configuration.

My server is a dual pentium3 1ghz/1gb ram/36gb scsi. running only postgresql. My question is:
1. What is the best linux distribuition for better performance?
2. Does exists any compilation options to better performance on this machine?

Thanks

Wilson Galafassi