pg_ctl: could not start service "pgsql-8.2": error code 1063 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benoît Bidaine
Subject pg_ctl: could not start service "pgsql-8.2": error code 1063
Date
List pgsql-general

Dear all,

I am having issues with defining a service to start pg_ctl on a Windows server 2003 machine and accessing a data directory stored on a network drive.

I have well noted the suggestion of creating an unprivileged user to start the service (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-05/msg01340.php) but it is not possible to create a local user on a Windows server machine.

Could you clarify

-          why it is not possible to log on the service from the same user which has been used to create the database and can start pg_ctl manually,

-          in which directories I need to make sure that the user logging on the service has the full rights (I guess the data directory but probably also the postgres executables directory)?

Thank you very much in advance!

Merry Christmas and happy new year,

Benoît Bidaine

Application Engineer

Customer & Engineering Services

Phone: +32 10 814082

Skype: eX_BBe

eXMSClogo

Follow DIGIMAT News on cid:85A8A262-0B0F-490E-86CB-4E97FBC522E3 Description : Macintosh HD:Users:elodiemaurer:Desktop:twitter-logo.jpg

Attachment