Cannot start PostgreSQL 10 server after directory permision change - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ertan Küçükoğlu
Subject Cannot start PostgreSQL 10 server after directory permision change
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have PostgreSQL 10.5 (x64) running on Windows 10 (x64) installed from
EnterpriseDB setup.

I changed complete ownership of my drive E: including all sub directories
and files due to some permission problems on it. There are no OS files
installed in drive E:. However, PostgreSQL data files are in that drive and
PostgreSQL failed to start after that permission change.

I get following two errors at startup in Windows Event Viewer:
Postgres: could not Access directory "E:\PostgreSQL_DATA": No such file or
directory
Run initdb or pg_basebackup to initialize a PostgreSQL data directory.

I tried to set ownership of that directory to NETWORK SERVICE that did not
help.

Is there a way to fix that problem?

Thanks & regards,
Ertan Küçükoğlu