Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Igor Maciel Macaubas
Subject Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?
Date
Re: Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?  (Christian Fowler <spider@steelsun.com>)
Re: Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?  ("Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi Guys,

I have a PostgreSQL server, running 7.4.2, that will store a really large amount of data (200GB) being migrated from an Oracle database. I have a machine with two 120GB Ultra ATA IDE disks, and I'd like to know if PostgreSQL could split it over both disks (that gives me 240GB or storage). Does he do this automatically ?
Or I'll have to split it manually, creating symbolic links on my file system (ext3)?
Does anyone ever stored a database (see, it's ONE database only, not a cluster) on multiple disks ?

What about PgSQL 8? It'll include this feature?

Thanks!

Regards,
Igor