Postgresql as service on domain controller - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Amit Kelkar
Subject Postgresql as service on domain controller
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I have tried to search thoroughly in the postgres archives to no avail for this.

I am running a Windows 2000 Domain controller. I want to install cygwin-postgres on the machine. I can install cygwin fine, cygipc fine and even postgres as a non-service fine.

But the instructions for installing postgres as a service are for non-domain controllers. E.g. cmd /c lusrmgr.msc. I have tried to create a domain user using the domain controller users utility. I have given permission for postgres to run a service.

But I keep getting various errors. E.g. Event Type:          Error

Event Source:    postmaster

Event Category: None

Event ID:           0