Please post this JOB / Thanks! - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Joe Jeffrey
Subject Please post this JOB / Thanks!
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Thanks for posting this job. I am working with the CFO. Please use my contact (below) for responses.

Regards,

Joe Jeffrey

PostgreSQL DBA

(company is in Redwood City)

Seeking motivated self-starter DBA to support existing database architecture and to work closely with the development team to architect the next generation of our service.

Responsibilities:

       Day-to-day administration of production MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.

       Development and maintenance of  database growth and planning.

       Assist development team in development and maintaining the reporting systems.

       Monitoring, alerting, and scripts to simplify on-call.

       Participate in on-call support of a 24x7 service.

Requirements:

       Proven PostgreSQL administration experience in a production environment.

       Database design: logical and physical to scale quickly and effectively.

       Scripting languages: Perl, Ruby, python, Bash/csh.

       Understanding of best practices in database tuning for performance and storage.

       Familiar in Java and Javascript.

       Knowledgeable in LINUX and other UNIX operating systems.

       System programming, Nagios, Cacti.

       4 years experience with degree or 8 years experience on the job.

Joe Jeffrey
Cross Creek Systems
(650) 261-0411 Pho
ne