Re: Creating New User? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From rob
Subject Re: Creating New User?
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm not positive, but the problem appears to be phpPgAdmin or it's configuration. 'password=' is almost certainly  not a valid username.  Perhaps you just need to review the config file(s)?  Have you tried logging in on the local database machine with psql?

--rob
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 5:09 PM
Subject: Creating New User?

Hi All,

Well the List archives search isn't returning results for me so I've got a quick question:

I've got pgsql installed on a debian linux  system and I'm trying to add a user so that I can login with phpPgAdmin and begin playing with it. But phpPgAdmin keeps saying:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId: user 'password=' is not in 'pg_shadow' in /var/www/phpPgAdmin/lib.inc.php on line 130
Error - /var/www/phpPgAdmin/index.php
PostgreSQL said: Unable to connect to server

I turned off Advanced Auth in phpPgAdmin and logged in (as the postgres user?) I created a user and it seemed to work fine. When I output the contents of the pg_shadow file (via cat) it listed data that I had put in.

But I'm not able to log in as any of the users i create... I think I'm creating users incorrectly (passwords in pg_shadow are stored plain text). Help.

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Cameron Turner, Developer & Systems Support
We-Create Inc
Internet & Multimedia

Cell: 519.897.4409
Office: 519.745.7374