Converting Access tables to PostGre - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Richard Holland
Subject Converting Access tables to PostGre
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I've come across tons of information on using Access with PostGre, and am thankful for this.  Be this as it may, the
upsizingtool I

found to convert our access databases to postgre seems to puke on our 800+ meg databases (which is why we're doing
this,our

software was created by idiots with no scalability in mind).  I downloaded pgadmin, the latest version as of a week
ago. This works

great, congrats to it's maintainers.  My problem is the same above mentioned idiots used double and single field types
tohandle

money.  Being that our software handles property tax for government counties, we can't have any rounding errors.  So I
figuredon

using the numeric(x,y) type, so I fire up the migration tool built into pgadmin, edit the typemaps to throw singles and
doublesto

numeric, and it fails because it doesnt seem to give the numerics a length.  It feeds postgre fieldname
numeric(0,lenghtofdecimalsspecifiedinaccess)

this fails..  anybody have a better solution for migrating our data?  I can make all 300 tables by hand if need be, but
it'sgetting

the millions of records in i'm worried about.

Thanks in advance,

Richard A. Holland
CCNP,MCSE,CCDA
Equitech Information Systems