Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Karsten,

> You may be mistaking the community version for any of the commercially
supported offerings ?

It is possible. Please fill in the figures.

What I am suggesting is that even for community version there should be a
charge.

But as I mentioned it is not just prices.

May be I wasn't very clear the most important factor is the business
structure then quality of products and marketing together with pricing.

As a further example consider how a very small company like ARM beat giants
like Intel and Samsung in the mobile phone industry.

It is their business model that is not profitable for Intel and Samsung to
emulate.

*Of course they have a great products. Equally importantly their business
model makes it realistic and profitable for other
companies to use their services.  *

I am only providing some food for thought. For me we can all learn from
other people's successes and failures.

I for one think everyone on the team have done a great job bringing
postgresql to this stage.

Good luck

Farjad Farid