Re: Corrupt Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Re: Corrupt Table
Date
List pgsql-general
> > My guess is the internal structure of one of the tuples is corrupt.
>
> So it would seem.  Evidently there's at least one more corrupted page
> besides the ones you were able to identify before.

I punted last night and reloaded the customer table from a backup.  Turns
out I could recreate the most critical records from other sources.  Life
goes on.

I would still like to refine my pganal tool to look inside of tuples.  Where
should I look to find information about the internal structure?  Is it
parsable at some level on its own or do I have to consult the system tables
to determine stucture.  I suspect this might get more complicated once TOAST
is available.

Bryan White