RE : - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Stéphane Coville
Subject RE :
Date
List pgadmin-support
//It's rumoured that Stéphane Coville once said:
//> Hello,
//>
//> I just installed postgres 7.3 on windows 2000 server with cygwin.
//> Everything is ok, but I cannot connect via pgadmin II. I started the

//> postmaster with -i. Everything is ok in pg_hba.conf, but when I
//> restart the services, there is no change, even if I reject
connections
//> from localhost !!! (PGAdmin works perfectly from localhost). I hope
//> anybody has an idea ...
//>
//> Thanks for all, and sorry for my poor english ;-)
//>
//> Stéphane.
//
//Hi Stéphane,
//
//I know it sounds odd, but are you sure you're editting the right
pg_hba.conf file? Try a //search of your system to look for others,
because if you deny access from localhost, then //it *does* work.
Regards, Dave.
//
//

Thank you for your answer. I allready tried to look for others, but the
one I edit is the only one on my system ... The owner of this file is
the postgres user.

The versions I use are :
Windows 2000 SERVER
Cygwin 1.3.22-1