Re: pg_clog (?) problem with VACUMM - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stefan Becker
Subject Re: pg_clog (?) problem with VACUMM
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dear Gerardo and Pgsql-List,

>When executing a VACUUM, i have this msg:
>gse_new_version=# VACUUM ;
>ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 118
>DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/0000": No existe el fichero o el

I had a similar problem.  I decided one day to "clean" out
The pg_clog/ directory of the database cluster.  These files'
"last modified time Stamps" on many files were quite
old, so I deleted them.  This didn't have any consequences for
the data (dumps or indexes etc.) or the operation of
the installation except, as I found out MUCH later found out
- I could no longer vacuum the Database.

I restored the missing files from a backup and everything
was okay again, after a vacuum of the database the
system cleaned out the older pg_log/ files on its own.

I hope you get things fixed!

My best regards,

Stefan Becker
Email: Stefan@yukonho.de