Re: 7.0.2 -> 7.0.3 problem - anyone? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: 7.0.2 -> 7.0.3 problem - anyone?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I realize it's Sunday night and not many people will be checking their
email, however I must ask one final time before I take some drastic measures
(erasing the data directory and initdb 'ing, then restoring the data from
last night's backup, losing an entire day's worth of data) -- does anyone
have any ideas on how I might be able to fix the problems outlined below?

I'm nearly positive that I shouldn't have had to dump/restore or initdb
again, since I made the same changes on another machine with the same
databases, data and BLCKSZ (an upgrade to 7.0.3 without an initdb or
anything), which went flawlessly.

Thanks to anyone who could even offer a guess, I've guessed all I can and
none of my guesses have paid off.. BTW, one might be lead to believe that
this is a permission problem, it's not, I'm positive of that. The same user
was accessing the same file seconds before I upgraded, that and the fact
that I changed permissions to 777 all the way down the tree to make sure..

-Mitch