newbie 7.1.3 config question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Lewis
Subject newbie 7.1.3 config question
Date
List pgsql-general
I upgraded to 7.1.3 (I'm running Debian sid) and I logged in as postgres and
got the following errors (generated from my .profile):

sh: /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init: No such file or directory
sh: /etc/postgresql/postmaster.env: No such file or directory

I thought something may have happened with permissions, but sure enough the
files were not there. There are some other files that might logically
replace these entries in .profile (postgresql.init and postgresql.conf). Did
something change in between versions and is there some way to find out what
needs to be put in my .profile? Also, if anyone is willing to share their
.conf and .init as an example of the way it should be set up, I would
appreciate it.

Charles Lewis
Dir of Adminstrative Computer Services
Southwestern Adventist University