Re: Performance tuning in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arjen van der Meijden
Subject Re: Performance tuning in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
I've read something similar indeed.
Aswell as most IDE disks really do have less quality components. Scsi
disks have also smaller, thicker platters to enable them to run more
stable and on higher speeds, larger magnets etc etc.

For those of you who can read Dutch:
http://www.tweakers.net/reviews/362/3 In the second-last paragraph is a
summary of Maxtor's view on the differences between ATA and SCSI.

Regards,

Arjen

03/02/21/0553249&mode=thread&tid=13