Vacuum clarifications/issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Differentiated Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Subject Vacuum clarifications/issues
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm vacuming a table containing 300,000 rows with a single index.
Currently it is taking 1.5 hours to complete. It was faster earlier.
I have dropped and recreated and reloaded this table. THis does not seem to
help.

Further... vacuum returns several messages.... like crashed... unused...
moved etc.,
Some of them have numbers.
Can anybody tell me what I should do with these and how to interpret them
etc.,

Thanks,

Murali

Differentiated Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
176, Gr. Floor, 6th Main
2nd Block RT Nagar
Bangalore - 560 032
India