RES: Alter column...using failure under 9.0.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Subject RES: Alter column...using failure under 9.0.4
Date
List pgsql-general
That's it: a check constraint I was not aware of...
Thanks!

Edson

-----Mensagem original-----
De: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] Em nome de Tom Lane
Enviada em: domingo, 25 de setembro de 2011 13:04
Para: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Assunto: Re: [GENERAL] Alter column...using failure under 9.0.4

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_H=E4user?= <bjoernhaeuser@gmail.com> writes:
> Am 25.09.2011 um 17:17 schrieb Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter:
>> alter table usuario alter column ativo type smallint using (case when
>> ativo then 1 else 0 end);
>> ERROR:  argument of IS FALSE must be type boolean, not type smallint

> you could check for indices or something like that.

Yeah, looks like expression index or CHECK constraint or something similar
that includes "ativo IS FALSE".

Note to hackers: I wonder whether we could make this a bit more
user-friendly by providing a CONTEXT line that shows which table property
we're trying to convert.