inittab X init.d - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vilson farias
Subject inittab X init.d
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

    I checked that postmaster wasn't restarting automaticly here, if some problem has forced it to stop working. I
changedfrom init.d scripts to inittab, that is, I not using /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql or /etc/rc0.d etc anymore, now
my/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql was moved to /home/postgres and inittab points to it. I noticed that now the postmaster
worksbetter, if I kill it (kill -TERM), it get back working in few seconds, thats ok.

My questions  are :
_What kind of weird behavior could raise with this kind of modification ?
_What happens when I type a init 6 or init 0? Will the database be stopped correctly?

Best regards from Brazil

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - Brazil