case problem with MS Access export - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glenn Waldron
Subject case problem with MS Access export
Date
List pgsql-general
I've seen this question elsewhere on the list, but no good answer.
I am exporting large databases from MS Access to PG, but the table
and column names come out as case-sensitive in PG and I need to
quote them in order for PG to see them.

select * from table tab1;

gives an error because the table name is actually "TAB1", but SQL is
supposed to be case-insensitive.  I understand that I can quote
everything and it will work, but this breaks tons of existing SQL
code.

Is there a better solution???  It would be nice for example, if
pgAdmin had such an option in its MS Access migration...  -glenn

---
Glenn Waldron, WareOnEarth Inc. * v 703/847-2969 * f 703/847-2538