Re: [SQL] Re: [HACKERS] URGENT - - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim Perdue
Subject Re: [SQL] Re: [HACKERS] URGENT -
Date
List pgsql-sql
I still cannot get pg_dump to work since I fixed the system yesterday. This
is a real mess and I need to make sure I have a current backup.

-I upgraded from 6.4 -> 6.4.2 and applied the 2GB patch
-I did "initdb" from the postgres user account
-I cannot get pg_dump to work:

-------
[tim@db /]$ pg_dump db_domain > /fireball/pg_dumps/db_domain.dump
pg_dump error in finding the template1 database
-------

At this point, the postmaster dies and restarts.

I think I'm getting to where I need some real help getting this thing to
dump again.

The database is up and running just fine - I just cannot dump.

Any tips or advice is GREATLY needed and appreciated at this point. All I
need is it to take a dump ;-)

Tim

tim@perdue.net