Re: BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Juan C. Aragon
Subject Re: BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I have same problem with one of my servers, but never found the solution.
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Windows 2003 Enterprise

Juan C. Aragon
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.o=
rg] On Behalf Of sdelforge@free.fr
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:27 AM
To: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: [BUGS] BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc s=
ession

Bug reference:      5442
Logged by:=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
Email address:      sdelforge@free.fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
Operating system:   Windows 2003
Details:=20

Hello,

I have nearly the same bug than "BUG #5305", but it occurs only with
/console mode.

Postgres is working as a windows service under the "postgres" user. We log
on the Windows server by using mstsc and we have sometimes a crash of a
prostgres process with "Exit code 128" which stop the postgres service.=20
After analysing, we saw that the crash occurs only when the "\console"
session stop (but not every time).

We are able to reproduce this crash:
1- Open an mstsc Windows session with "\console" and user Administrator
2- Open a standard mstsc Windows session with antoher user
3- In this new session, execute a process which is doing some requests on
the database and at the same time execute a database backup with pgAdmin=20
4- Close the "\console" session

Could you help?
Thanks

--=20