RE: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Marschalek
Subject RE: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
> Tomorrow I'd like to place an order for something more
> robust... looking
> into dual PIII, gig of ram and SCSI Raid.  Planning on
> running Red Hat 7.1
> on this machine.

Maybe a AMD Athlon 1.33GHZ would be better.. It's a very fast CPU and I
don't know if PostgreSQL runns faster on dual since I don't know if it
can handle the load balancing?
Well.. GIG of Ram is never bad... :)

SCSI Raid should secure your data also. You should use IBM HDs. They
never brake in a million years ;) Well and if.. You habe 5 years
garantie...

> You're input is tremendously appreciated!
Don't know if sun machines help in your case since I don't know suns ;)
But I guess others could help you better if they knew some more details
about the use of the server.

greets