Re: issues/experience with building postgres on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: issues/experience with building postgres on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi.

Sorry, very late reaction....

I'm based on the environment of VC++2005 and MinGW by the reason for requiring official
support. and since it does not have many resources, the environment of VC++2008 is
restricted.
Therefore, many suggestion can't be performed now....:-(

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Zaun" <Martin.Zaun@Sun.COM>

(snip)
>   - locating a OSSP-UUID binary package for Windows
>     (.dll but no uuid.h with Hiroshi Saito's binary package?)

Ahh, sorry, Although I adjusted with Ralf-san of the official central figure of OSSP,
I did not synchronize with the release timing of PostgreSQL....Then, It was limited
to guidance of my web page.

(snip)
>    - ossp-uuid
>      Downloaded source from http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/.
>
>      Problem: from where to get a ossp-uuid Windows binary?

Yeah, I will propose to Ralf-san.

(snip)
> 8) Getting a Windows OSSP-UUID library
>
>    Google found me a postgres hackers email thread with this link
>      http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/OSSP_win32/
>    to 1.6.2 uuid-ossp.dll mingw-compiled by Hiroshi Saito. Thanks!
>
>    Problem: from where to get the also needed uuid.h?
>
>    I've seen that Hiroshi Saito has worked on a patch for building the
>    uuid-ossp package on Windows.  I didn't succeed in building
>    ossp-uuid using wingw on Windows and took the shortcut of using
>    cygwin to generate the uuid.h.
>
>    But that hack didn't work, I'm getting linkage errors:
>
> uuid.lib(uuid_str.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _va_copy referenced in
> function _uuid_str_vasprintf
> .\Release\uuid-ossp\uuid-ossp.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>
>    ==> Where can I find a complete ossp-uuid package for Windows?

Um, I do not understand Cygwin....
Please try define of config.h
---
/* Predefined possible va_copy() implementation (id: ASS) */
#define __VA_COPY_USE_ASS(d, s) do { (d) = (s); } while (0)
---

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito