Re: TEXT and BLOBS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: TEXT and BLOBS
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jue 09 Nov 2000 10:11, Peter Pilsl wrote:

> I always thought backuping the files and pg_dump would be enough. (I
> was sure there would be a way to restore the blobs out of the files
> when I would need it)
>
> Now I have a table with blob-oid's and the xin* files and I cant
> restore the blobs :-( and noone seems to be able to help me.
>
> I was thinking about writing some tools that scans the tables for
> oid's and save the corresponding blobs to files and restore the
> blobs/update the tables later. But if (WAL) will do it for me I'm also
> looking forward for it. When will it come and where can I find
> information about it ?

WAL is in the development tree of Postgres-7.1, so I guess it will be in the
postgres stable source when 7.1 comes out next year.

Saludos... :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Mart�n Marqu�s            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar