Re: TEXT and BLOBS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: TEXT and BLOBS
Date
List pgsql-general
> I cant speak for PHP, but in perl or in C you have a documented module
> that will handle this things.  (in perl its DBD::Pg). You dont need to
> save the text to a file first, you can write directely into the blob.
>
> The principal things are explained in the postgres-programmers-guide
> you can find at
> http://www.at.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/programmer/
> in chapter 16 'Large Objects'
>
> Although, dealing with blobs seems to be a dangerous things, cause I
> didnt find a proper backup-method until now :-(

Which would that method be? I know that with Postgres 7.1 we will have a
brand new backup system (WAL), so I'm looking forward to it. ;-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Mart�n Marqu�s            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar